Led by educational psychologists with specific experience and knowledge of brain injury, it is aimed specifically at education providers such as schools.
Some of the ways we can be involved are in:
- Assessment and action planning for an individual child
- Staff coaching, support and supervision
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Teaching and learning strategies
- Memory improvement
- Attention skills building
- Revision strategies
- Setting up and training for specific interventions for a child
- Evaluations, data gathering, reviews and reports
- Provision of reports for statutory assessment if commissioned by the Local Authority
Educational Neuropsychology by Recolo is a service that is aimed specifically at those providing education in schools and other establishments. Our services are commissioned and funded directly by schools/educational settings in order to provide the specialist input required for the learning needs of any pupil who has a brain injury. We understand the importance of having the right people in the school working with both the teaching staff and pupils in order to give a quality, value-added service.
Practitioners provide flexibly delivered support based on agreed goals for intervention. The support can take place both at school and home and include both direct and remote (i.e. telephone and skype) contact. Generally, intervention take place within the structure of the academic year and SEN schedule.
Outcomes focus on improved attendance, social, emotional and mental health, reduction of exclusion and management behaviour.